- Trump threatened to withhold funding from Michigan and Nevada as the states move to expand vote by mail
- Black Americans dying of Covid-19 at three times rate of white people
- Trump threatens to cut states’ funding over false claims of voter fraud
- Trump suggests hosting G7 in person
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
A Daily Beast reporter shared a campaign ad being circulated in South Carolina, which simultaneously lambastes vote by mail and explains how voters can remotely cast their ballots.
OMG. This mailer making its way around South Carolina was just passed along to me pic.twitter.com/XLzZPM342n
It should be noted that while Trump corrected his false claim about Michigan sending ballots to registered voters, his new tweet still falsely claims Michigan’s efforts to expand vote by mail are illegal.
Michigan’s efforts are not illegal and are actually quite similar to steps taken by Republican officials in states like Georgia, West Virginia and Nebraska.