- Wyoming conservative’s split with Trump could give cover to others
- President rejects responsibility for Capitol riot he inspired
- Schumer: Trump should not hold office one day longer’
- Ex-Michigan governor set to be charged over Flint water scandal
- Trump donor and casino mogul Sheldon Adelson dies at 87
- Kamala Harris: how will America’s next vice-president wield her power? Join the Guardian and cultural critic Margo Jefferson for a live conversation on 18 January at 4pm ET. Register here
Canada has already implemented requirements for negative Covid-19 tests from incoming air passengers, as have other countries.
Right now, only air travelers forming from Britain are required to show negative test results – in order to slow the transmission of a new variant of the coronavirus first discovered in the UK, and found to be circulating in many countries, including the US.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have expanded restrictions for air travelers coming into the US, requiring negative Covid-19 test results from all passengers.
“Variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus continue to emerge in countries around the world, and there is evidence of increased transmissibility of some of these variants,” the CDC said in a statement. “With the US already in surge status, the testing requirement for air passengers will help slow the spread of the virus as we work to vaccinate the American public.”
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: Top House Republican Liz Cheney says she will vote to impeach Donald Trump – live ———