Latest updates: government’s chief scientific adviser says UK’s daily death figures likely to stay at high levels ‘for some weeks’
- UK Covid travel testing delay ‘to help out business’
- Outrage as people in Coventry offered Covid jab over 100 miles away
- Recovering from Covid gives similar level of protection to vaccine
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Around one in five major hospital trusts in England had no spare adult critical care beds on January 10, NHS England figures show. As PA Media reports, some 27 out of 140 acute trusts reported 100% occupancy of all “open” beds on January 10 – the latest date for which statistics are available.
In her interview on ITV’s This Morning Priti Patel also said that people should exercise on their own – even though the rules for England allow people to exercise outdoors with one person from another household. She said:
The point to make about any exercise – yes, it should be local, people exercise differently. But exercise on your own and don’t use it for a social meeting.