- Johns Hopkins tracker confirms US has hit 3m mark
- Mike Pence pushes for US children to return to school
- Trump impeachment witness to retire over ‘campaign of bullying’
- Supreme court upholds Trump rules letting more employers deny contraceptive coverage
- Sign up to our First Thing newsletter
In case you missed it: New York schools plan to reopen this fall by combining some in-person instruction with online learning.
“Most schools will not be able to have all their kids in school at the same time,” New York mayor Bill de Blasio said this morning.
Through a mix of in-school and at-home learning we can make more space in every classroom and building. That means most kids coming to school 2 days a week.
It’s a first for NYC public schools but it’s the only way to bring kids back safely.
Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has arrived at the White House for a meeting with Trump on the US-Mexico-Canada trade agreement, which went into effect last week.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: US reaches 3m confirmed Covid-19 cases as Pence pushes for schools to reopen – live ———