- Full report: Capitol rioters ‘came prepared for war’
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as secretary of agriculture
- Linda Thomas-Greenfield confirmed as US ambassador to UN
- Joe and Jill Biden to travel to Texas on Friday
- AOC criticized Manchin over targeting of Biden’s nominees of color
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Pharmacy workers helping maskless customers. Uber drivers transporting coughing passengers. Janitors cleaning contaminated workspaces.
Amid California’s slow Covid-19 vaccine rollout, millions of essential workers in high-exposure jobs are still waiting to get the life-saving doses, with many uncertain when or how they will get access.
Donald Trump used to promise his supporters that they would be winning so much, they would get sick and tired of winning. But the former US president is now on a seemingly endless losing streak.
He lost the presidential election, lost more than 60 legal challenges to the result, lost his bid to overturn the electoral college, lost control of the Senate and lost an impeachment trial 43-57, though he was spared conviction on a technicality. On Monday, Trump lost yet again – with potentially far-reaching consequences.
Continue reading… Source: The Guardian: US Senate hears testimony on Capitol riot: 'These criminals came prepared for war' – live ———