New variant probably came through an importation from overseas via hotel quarantine, infectious diseases expert says
- How Australia’s aged care homes were left open to Covid again
- Guardian readers who lost work tell how they are surviving Melbourne’s lockdown
- Victoria Covid-19 exposure sites; NSW exposure sites
- Victoria’s lockdown restrictions explained
- Australia’s vaccine rollout numbers: progress state-by-state
A senior public health official says her “strong hypothesis” is that the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus that caused a second outbreak in Melbourne was caused by a hotel quarantine leak.
Victoria reported two new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday from 29,816 tests on day 10 of Melbourne’s fourth lockdown.